Encourage your student to say YES, to extracurricular activities and enrichment. The engagement that occurs between teammates, coaches, instructors, volunteers, and among those participating supports our student’s lifelines. Stepping away from the traditional classroom and learning from through participation sharpens our listening skills and encourages, self-thinking while developing negotiation skills & friendships. As our students apply for college, they will begin to learn that transcripts with diversity rate higher. Participating in clubs, volunteering and being active at an early age provides our students with the opportunity to develop new skills to and build friendships.
“Clubs and activities taught me accountability and time management, as well as giving a feeling of belonging!” —Dani Staley, Class of 2013
How do I get my student involved?
At WHS you can select from a large variety of clubs. Click here to access the 2018-2019 WHS Club Resource Guide. Club meetings are shared via Announcements. In general, clubs meet on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, starting at 2:49, after the 5th-period bell.
- Contact: Mrs. Gibbs and Mr. Ewing,
- Directors of Student Activities
At WMS you can select from the array of options, click here to find what interests your student CLICK HERE for the WMS Club List and contact information. Getting involved ranges from Book Club, Cooking, Fitness, to an Elite Gaming Club. Find your passion and explore the possibilities.
At WIS yes, you can get involved! Some of the opportunities are listed below:
WIS offers different clubs throughout the school year. These clubs vary each year depending on staff members and student interests. Clubs are advertised on the Daily Student News Morning Announcements each day. If your student is interested in joining a club, please advise them to pay close attention to the announcements. Clubs typically have a set number of students they are able to accept, so turning in the permission form as early as possible gives each student the best opportunity to participate.
You can view announcements here: WIS Student News
Current Clubs accepting students:
- Current Clubs accepting students:
- Intramurals: See attached permission slip for more details: Intramurals Permission Slip
- WIS Musical “The Princess and the Pea”: Audition Information at: Musical Auditions
- Chess Club: Meets on Mondays beggining Nov 4. Cost $10 : See Mrs. Hewitt in room D109 to sign up
- Pop Up Craft Club: New craft opportunity each month. See Mrs. Stella in room A113 for permission slip when new craft class opens
- STEAM Team for girls: Meets Wednesdays beginning Oct 10. Cost $30 : See Mrs. Kircher in A218 or Mrs. Belloli in the Innovation Center for application (Application due by Oct 5)
- STEAM Team application: Application
- Basketball Club: Meets on Tuesdays beginning Oct 23, 7:00AM-7:45AM. Cost $20 : See Miss Lapinksi in room C111 or Ms. McKee in room C106 for permission slip:
Clubs Closed for enrollment:
- Spell Bowl
- Girls Running Club
- Shambot Club 1 & 2
- Broadcasting Crew
- Math Bowl
- Student Council
To visit the WIS Clubs Home Page CLICK HERE.
WWS Elementary Schools
(Availability & signups vary by school. Visit your school to learn more.)
- After School Enrichment (See your PTO)
- Rock School
- Helping Hands
- Lego Club
- Girls on the Run
- All Pro Dads
- Writing Club
- Math Bowl
- Spell Bowl