April is Autism Awareness Month. This World Autism Month, you’re helping to create a kinder, more inclusive world! Visit https://www.autismspeaks.org/kindness to begin.
Or here are 9 Ways to Celebrate from HANDS in Autism
1. Fight the myths about autism! Check your knowledge now and share with your friends https://quickcheck.eds.iu.edu/assessment/8542?preview=true
2. Create an art piece and submit to the Virtual Autism Art Expo
3. Visit our Virtual Autism Art Expo to explore the artwork submitted by individuals with ASD, their family members, providers and community representatives. We will open the our digital doors at the end of April! – https://handsinautism.iupui.edu/collaborations/art-expo/
4. Attend our FREE upcoming Next Steps TM workshop and Q&A session for parents of newly diagnosed children, professionals, educators, service providers, and community members. It will be available online here https://handsinautism.iupui.edu/services/workshops/next-steps/
5. Join our Local Community Cadre and engage in a number of activities online to support information and resource dissemination, access to training, and networking to build awareness about ASD in your community!
6. Take What is Autism free online course and explore our other free courses and get a certificate of completion! https://handsinautism.iupui.edu/services/learning-online/
7. Join us for our biweekly Learn-Ask-Share: HANDS Live Open Office Q&A Session (Tuesday & Thursday, 3:30pm to 5:30pm) to discuss possible supports for individuals with ASD across the lifespan during these uncertain times!
Join-Ask-Share with HANDS in Autism® : Open Office Hours
Join us online for a question and answer session on Tuesday or Thursday, from 3:30-5:00pm EST. Join online via ZOOM – https://iu.zoom.us/j/755855966
8. Fill out the Needs Assessment survey to share your needs and experiences with ASD and in supporting individuals with ASD to help us identify current gaps! LINK to our website
9. Register for our upcoming intensive ONLINE trainings here https://handsinautism.iupui.edu/services/ for professionals across settings (early bird discounts and scholarships available!):
– 5-day Intensive Summer Training for School Personnel
– 3-Day Intensive Training for Employment Specialists, Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists, and Job Coaches